Healthcare stocks rose 1.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.4%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 8.0% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 8.7% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 6.7% today.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 6.4% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 4.7% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is up 4.9% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 4.5% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is up 4.4% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 4.5% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 4.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 2.5% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 0.4% today and down 25.5% in the last month.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.