Healthcare stocks rose 2.1% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.8%, the Nasdaq was up 2.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 6.3% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 5.8% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 5.8% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 5.4% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 4.9% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 4.7% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 4.2% today.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 4.2% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 4.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 0.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 0.4% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 0.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.