Healthcare stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 15.6% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 9.9% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 1.6% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 0.6% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 0.2% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.