Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 8.2% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 6.9% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 4.5% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is up 4.4% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 4.3% today.
- Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX): DVAX stock is up 3.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.