Healthcare stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 9.3% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 9.4% today.
- Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX): DVAX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 3.0% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 3.0% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 19.6% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 18.1% today and down 22.1% in the last month.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 1.4% today and down 23.5% in the last month.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.8% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.