Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is up 3.3% today.
- Pharmerica Corp (PMC): PMC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA): PRAA stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cabela’s Inc (CAB): CAB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hudson Pacific Properties (HPP): HPP stock is up 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Coach Inc (COH): COH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Marriot International (MAR): MAR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Big Lots (BIG): BIG stock is down 3.9% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is down 3.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Scientific Games Corp (SGMS): SGMS stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is down 2.4% today.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vipshop Holdings Ltd (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 2.1% today.
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): AEO stock is down 1.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.