Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Whole Foods Market (WFM): WFM stock is up 3.3% today.
- Pharmerica Corp (PMC): PMC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mobile Telesystems (MBT): MBT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA): PRAA stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cabela’s Inc (CAB): CAB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hudson Pacific Properties (HPP): HPP stock is up 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Coach Inc (COH): COH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Marriot International (MAR): MAR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Big Lots (BIG): BIG stock is down 3.9% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is down 3.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Scientific Games Corp (SGMS): SGMS stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Aaron’s Inc (AAN): AAN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Rent-A-Center Inc (RCII): RCII stock is down 2.4% today.
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vipshop Holdings Ltd (VIPS): VIPS stock is down 2.1% today.
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO): AEO stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.