Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is up 18.5% today and up 24.6% in the last month.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 12.5% today.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is up 5.4% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is up 4.8% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 4.5% today.
- Jabil Circuit (JBL): JBL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Wipro Ltd (WIT): WIT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Celestica Inc (CLS): CLS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Synnex Corp (SNX): SNX stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 6.5% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 2.9% today.
- Emerson Electric Company (EMR): EMR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Linkedin (LNKD): LNKD stock is down 0.5% today.
- Grubhub Inc (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Interxion Holding N.V. (INXN): INXN stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.