Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is up 5.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 3.2% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 2.5% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 3.1% today.
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 1.5% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 1.0% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.