Transportation stocks finished up 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 0.8% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 0.7% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 0.3% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.3% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.