Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is up 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is up 1.3% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 0.7% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Golar Lng Ltd (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 2.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd (NAT): NAT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.