Transportation stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 2.6% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Ltd (NAT): NAT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Golar Lng Ltd (GLNG): GLNG stock is up 0.5% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.8% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 4.8% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 2.6% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.