Transportation stocks advanced 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq was up 1.2% and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 2.5% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 2.4% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.4% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 1.7% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 2.2% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.7% today and down 26.9% in the last month.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.