Utilities stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.0% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.6% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.