Utilities stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.9% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 3.0% today and down 25.4% in the last month.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.0%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.