Basic materials stocks advanced 1.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.4%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 5.5% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 3.8% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.5% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 3.2% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.8% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 2.6% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 2.7% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.4% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.4% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.1% today and down 27.1% in the last month.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.