Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 2.6% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 0.6% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.