Basic materials stocks fell 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.4% today.
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.