Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street on Monday, down 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 3.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 0.2% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.8% today and down 33.6% in the last month.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 3.7% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 3.5% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 2.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 2.5% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.