Basic materials stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.5% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.1% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.