Basic materials stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.9% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc (FCX): FCX stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Randgold Resources Ltd (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.5% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.1% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.