Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Tuesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 5.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 4.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 3.6% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 3.4% today and up 39.9% in the last month.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.6% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 2.3% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 2.2% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 5.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 4.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.8% today.
- Vedanta Ltd (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 3.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.7% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Posco ADR (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.7% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.