Basic materials stocks rose 2.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.8% higher, the Nasdaq rose 2.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.8% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 4.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.7% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 3.3% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.0% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 3.0% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.9% today.
- Bhp Billiton Ltd (BHP): BHP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.5% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V (SIM): SIM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.