Capital goods stocks advanced 2.0% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 4.8% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 3.3% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.3% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.1% today and down 27.1% in the last month.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.