Capital goods stocks advanced 2.0% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 4.8% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 3.3% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.9% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.3% today.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed losses:
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.1% today and down 27.1% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.