Capital goods stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is up 2.2% today.
- Comfort Systems USA (FIX): FIX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 2.1% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.7% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.5% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 15.3% today and down 26.2% in the last month.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.6% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.