Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Topbuild Corp (BLD): BLD stock is up 1.1% to $35.80, near the 52-week high of $35.93.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc [Ireland] (IR): IR stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 0.9% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 0.7% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 0.5% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 0.4% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.