Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- B&G Foods Holdings (BGS): BGS stock is up 10.4% today.
- Cott Corp (COT): COT stock is up 1.9% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 1.3% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Treehouse Foods (THS): THS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is down 1.7% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V (GMK): GMK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is down 0.4% today.
- Coca Cola Femsa S.A.B. De C.V (KOF): KOF stock is down 0.3% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.