Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.5%, the Nasdaq declined 1.2% and the S&P 500 was down 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 0.1% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 5.3% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 5.1% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 4.6% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 4.0% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is down 3.7% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 3.1% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is down 3.1% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 2.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.