Energy stocks advanced 1.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 0.5% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.