Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 0.8% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 6.0% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 5.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 5.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 4.5% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is down 4.1% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 3.9% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 3.9% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is down 3.9% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 3.8% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 3.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.