Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 0.8% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 6.0% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 5.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 5.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 4.5% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is down 4.1% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 3.9% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 3.9% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is down 3.9% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 3.8% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 3.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.