Energy stocks rose 1.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.8% and the S&P 500 rose 2.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 5.4% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 3.7% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is up 3.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Marathon Oil Corp (MRO): MRO stock is down 0.3% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.