Energy stocks advanced 1.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 6.1% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is up 4.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 4.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.0% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.