Energy stocks advanced 1.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 6.1% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is up 4.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 4.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.0% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 3.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 3.2% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 3.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.