Energy stocks rose 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 2.0%, the Nasdaq climbed 2.4% and the S&P 500 was up 2.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 8.6% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 7.2% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 6.1% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 5.8% today.
- Petrochina Company Ltd (PTR): PTR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cnooc Ltd (CEO): CEO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 3.9% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Seadrill Ltd (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.