Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.0% today.
- BB&T Corp (BBT): BBT stock is up 2.0% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is up 1.8% today.
- First Tennessee National Corp (FHN): FHN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Transunion (TRU): TRU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 0.9% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Icici Bank Ltd (IBN): IBN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.