Financial stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 4.3% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 4.0% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 3.7% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 3.6% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 3.5% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 3.1% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Icici Bank Ltd (IBN): IBN stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.8% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp (GPT): GPT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 0.3% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.