Financial stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 8.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 7.3% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 3.4% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.9% today.
- BankUnited Inc (BKU): BKU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp (GPT): GPT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Willis Group Holdings (WSH): WSH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.