Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.5%, the Nasdaq rose 1.8% and the S&P 500 increased 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 6.0% today and up 21.2% in the last month.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 5.3% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 4.6% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 4.4% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 4.4% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 3.9% today.
- Universal Insurance Holdings Inc (UVE): UVE stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 3.2% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 7.7% today and down 33.3% in the last month.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 0.1% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.