Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.2% and the S&P 500 was up 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 11.1% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 4.8% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 3.4% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 3.0% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC): SFNC stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.5% today and down 24.9% in the last month.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 2.2% today and down 23.3% in the last month.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 0.8% today and down 32.1% in the last month.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Icici Bank Ltd (IBN): IBN stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 0.2% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Tree.Com (TREE): TREE stock is down 0.3% today and down 25.3% in the last month.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.3% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.