Financial stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 6.9% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.3% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 2.7% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Capital One Financial Corp (COF): COF stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 1.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 1.7% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 2.2% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 0.9% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.