Financial stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 6.9% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.3% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 2.7% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Capital One Financial Corp (COF): COF stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 1.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 1.7% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Ltd (LFC): LFC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 2.2% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 0.9% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 0.7% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.