Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 2.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.4%, the Nasdaq declined 1.2% and the S&P 500 fell 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sterling Bancorp (STL): STL stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 0.5% today.
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is up 0.4% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 3.8% today and down 35.0% in the last month.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 3.0% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 2.9% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 2.9% today.
- Invesco Plc (IVZ): IVZ stock is down 2.7% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 2.6% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 2.6% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): GS stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.