Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 5.2% today.
- Dynavax Technologies Corp (DVAX): DVAX stock is up 3.7% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 2.4% today and up 21.4% in the last month.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.0% today.
- Msa Safety Inc (MSA): MSA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.