Healthcare stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 0.5% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 3.6% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is down 3.3% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is down 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 2.0% today and down 21.1% in the last month.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.