Healthcare stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 1.6% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 1.4% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH): ZBH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Msa Safety Inc (MSA): MSA stock is up 0.4% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 0.6% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.