Healthcare stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 0.3% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.