Healthcare stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 1.8% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 0.8% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.