Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Msa Safety Inc (MSA): MSA stock is up 0.5% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 0.3% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 0.1% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.