Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Msa Safety Inc (MSA): MSA stock is up 0.5% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is up 0.3% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 0.3% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 0.1% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 0.9% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Chemed Inc (CHE): CHE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Allergan Plc (AGN): AGN stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.