Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.5%, the Nasdaq fell 1.2% and the S&P 500 was down 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 0.8% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 0.7% today and up 33.4% in the last month.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Amedisys Inc (AMED): AMED stock is down 1.7% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH): ZBH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.