Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Neustar Inc (NSR): NSR stock is up 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is up 2.4% today.
- The Fresh Market (TFM): TFM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Orix Corp Ads (IX): IX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kroger Company (KR): KR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Yelp Inc (YELP): YELP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Caseys General Stores (CASY): CASY stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is down 8.2% today.
- Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN): WYNN stock is down 4.4% today and down 24.3% in the last month.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 4.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (UGP): UGP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Dollar Tree (DLTR): DLTR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Builders Firstsource (BLDR): BLDR stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.