Utilities stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 increased 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 1.6% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.