Utilities stocks finished down 1.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.4%, the Nasdaq declined 1.1% and the S&P 500 was down 1.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 2.4% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.