Utilities stocks finished up 2.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.8% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 2.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 4.6% today.
- One Gas Inc (OGS): OGS stock is up 2.8% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 2.8% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co (PCG): PCG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.6% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.