Utilities stocks finished up 2.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 2.8% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 2.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 4.6% today.
- One Gas Inc (OGS): OGS stock is up 2.8% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 2.8% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 2.6% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co (PCG): PCG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 1.6% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.