Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.3% higher and the S&P 500 increased 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.5% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.7% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.6% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.4% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.